AuSable Valley Community Mental Health Authority envisions a future where consumers achieve physical and mental health sufficient to empower them to achieve their dreams and desires for greater independence, greater personal responsibility, and full participation in community life.
AuSable Valley Community Mental Health Authority provides quality prevention, education, and mental health services, in a fiscally responsible manner, in Iosco, Ogemaw, and Oscoda Counties, which are aimed at improving the health and welfare of persons served, promoting greater independence, and improving the quality of life for people in these counties with developmental disabilities, mental illness, and substance use disorders.
- Consumer achievement is our primary focus and the treatment environment must reflect a commitment to growth and recovery.
- Consumers will be given the same life opportunities as non-disabled peers.
- Consumers need to experience treatment and skill building in the environments in which they are expected to live, work, and play.
- Each consumer’s plan will be motivating, individualized, outcome-based, regularly modified, and medically necessary.
- All consumers will have access to appropriate, evidenced-based treatments in alignment with their situation.
- The recovery process will begin the day they enter treatment at AVCMHA, delivered in the least restrictive manner, and will continue through the day they complete services.
- A Culture of Gentleness will be a vital component of our agency.
- Families and natural supports will be provided with meaningful and appropriate opportunities and training to be actively involved in the recovery process.
- All staff work together as a team promoting mutual respect, personal dignity, professional development and shared learning and decision making to meet the needs of our consumers, families, professionals and community members.
- All AVCMHA staff will be provided training and given the support necessary to facilitate successful learning.