If you or someone you know is at risk of seriously harming themselves or someone else, Call 911. For Other After Hours Emergencies, Call 1-800-442-7315

 General Information

When you receive mental health services, Michigan’s Mental Health Code and other laws safeguard you rights.  Staff are responsible to protect your rights when they provide services to you.  You are encouraged to ask questions about your treatment and about your rights to make suggestions that you feel are in your best interest.  If you believe your rights have been violated, you should inform a Rights Officer/Advisor.

Recipient Rights Booklet

Filing a Recipient Rights Complaint
Mental health Code Sec. 776

If you believe that any right has been violated, you or someone on your behalf should file a recipient rights complaint.

You may file a complaint by calling or visiting the Rights Office, or by completing a recipient rights complaint form, which can be obtained from any/all locations of AuSable Community Mental Health Authority service sites and returning it to the Rights Office.  Your complaint needs to contain:

  • A statement telling the Rights Office what you are complaining about;
  • What right(s) you think have been violated;
  • What you think will resolve the complaint.

If you want help writing your complaint AuSable Valley Community Mental Health Authority staff members or the Recipient Rights Officer will assist you.

Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Complaint Form Rights Complaint Form

Contact Information:

Rights Officer:  Elizabeth Harrington

Recipient Rights Office

1199 W. Harris Avenue

P.O. Box 310

Tawas City, MI 48764



Fax: 989-362-6652